Pin It

Friday, February 22, 2013

Praline Glaze For Our Own Holiday Celebration

I know ... It's a little past Christmas but I've been a little busy.  :0)  We spent this past Christmas at the in-laws in Florida.  Being and having spent all my holidays in Illinois it was definitely different and a treat to spend Christmas in capri pants and flip flops.  To drive by a pastel blue house with a a HUGE blow up polar bear with a Santa hat on.  He He He!  Though the Christmas holiday was great, hubby and I wanted to celebrate the New Year and Christmas together, just us.  We spent the day together and made breakfast together.  It was a nice day.  Dinner on the other hand was an AWESOME event and one that hubby keeps asking when I will make again.  My reply ... but honey it's ONLY for special occasions.  Oh you want to know what was for dinner?
Mashed sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus, and ham with a praline glaze.  Yes I said praline glazed ham.  It was very yum!

Definitely worth the time and effort to make and a side note I would use the left over glaze on ice cream or some home made cake it was THAT good.




Praline Glaze

Ingredients

6 tablespoon(s) butter
1 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
8 tablespoon(s) honey
1 cup(s) finely chopped pecans
1 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon

Directions

Bring all ingredients to a boil in a heavy bottomed saucepan, stirring constantly. 
Brush over ham last 30 minutes of baking.

I cut the recipe in half but still had some glaze left over.  Definitely something to make again.  I was looking for something unusual to try and definitely found it.  This was one celebration to remember and hard to beat.  Next time though I'm going to try and tweak it a little and substitute the cinnamon, which was my addition anyway, to maybe a chai spice or cardamom.  Hmmm ... that would definitely be good on some ice cream.  However you change or substitute something in any recipe, remember the best ingredient is you ... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment