Pin It

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Need to find something different .....

Hey everyone!!!!  Life has been a little nuts lately.  Lots going on.  But life does not stop but it does become chaotic.  That's what happened today.  Haven't been sleeping well lately so went to bed early last night and got up late this morning, but feel no more rested.  But guess what I forgot to do???  That's right take something out for lunch. EESH!  So open up the freezer and go OK I have polish kielbasa in the freezer.  *sighs*  Don't get me wrong I love polish sausage but get tired of eating it the same way all the time.  Boiled, grilled, or fried.  Add to that the same old traditional sides *yawns*.  

Then I jump online and Google Recipe Generators.  You plug in something in that you have and it gives you a bunch of recipe options.  So I go through two different sites and nothing that made me sit up and go that sounds good.  

Tried the third site.  Cooks.com  So I started paging through the recipes.  Quite a few pages.  Just as I'm about to give up, YES!  This is what I want!  But will hubby like it? Hmmmm....  the recipe's pretty simple and shouldn't take long but I need to make some changes.


Ingredients
1 lb. Sausage cut into chunks
1 cup Rice
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup Water
4 Medium Carrots, cut in bite sized pieces
1/3 Cup Broccoli Florets
1 Tablespoon Celery Flakes
1 Teaspoon Tastefully Simple's Bacon Bacon
Salt and Pepper to taste
(Note:  I omitted using salt.)

Directions
In skillet place all ingredients listed, stir together, cover and bring to a boil. 
Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until rice and veggies are done. 
Let sit 5 minutes, serve.

See simple, quick, and in hubby's own words "You can make this again."  What better recommendation can you get, especially after his comment after seeing it being made he said "you expect me to eat that?"  It was just the twist I needed to the same old same old.

Try this for a quick, fulfilling dinner.  Change up the veggies as you or your family like.  Pair it with a salad for added veggies and balanced meal.  Nut no matter what recipe you use, no matter what you change, the best ingredient to any recipe is you .... Enjoy!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment