Pin It

Thursday, June 28, 2012

What's your favorite?

We were VERY excited this year, our daughter came up for her birthday this year.  She lives with her mom but was missing her dad.  So what can I do special for her since this doesn't happen all that often?  So I asked her if she could have any cake, yes I was completely scared and should never give anyone carte blanche like that, what would she want.  Simple, cookies and cream.  Sure simple.  Not in my mind.  Not everything has to be complicated but this had to be special.  How to do that????  Search for recipes to tweak.


It had to be a cookies and cream cake, cookies and cream filling, butter cream icing with a cookie garnish.

It was a total labor of love!  She loved it! 

I REALLY try not to use boxed cake mixes.  No, no, no!  I am not against using them but when I bake I try REALLY hard to make it all from scratch.  But in this case, I did use it and was very happy with the results!  We have a tradition on my side of the family, once you take a bite of your cake you cannot say a word until you finish or your wish won't come true. Of course that is when EVERYONE tries to make you talk.  The cake was so good, no one said a word the whole time! ;0)  

No comments:

Post a Comment