Pin It

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken ... That's what's for lunch!

There's no getting around it .... I was bewildered on what to make for lunch and hubby was definitely no help!  Tons of stuff in the freezer but when asked "What would you like to have?" His reply "what do you feel like making?" ... Grrr! :0)

So I went looking after threatening that he would be eating cereal for lunch.  I'm not sure where I like searching better ... Google or Pinterest!  Found a recipe for Teriyaki chicken that I would LOVE to try but that's not what I wanted.  The problem was, I didn't know what I wanted.  I always have that problem.  Things SOUND good but it's not really what I want AND then there's the I'm not really hungry so how to I figure out what to make.  Cereal is sounding better and better. LOL!

So back to searching after grumbling to hubby that I can't figure anything out and I don't want the traditional baked or broiled chicken.  Then I remember:  HEY I have some scratch made ranch dressing in there, what can I make with that?  Hubby does love his ranch.  So I found a wonderful recipe from Table for 7 (http://www.ourtableforseven.com/2013/02/cheesy-ranch-chicken.html) that I kind of followed and tweaked.  Of course using my ranch made from scratch made the chicken flippin awesome!



What is better than that?!  I think that was the perfect meal, well for that day.  Hubby was helping fix the parents snow blower so he was TOTALLY surprised.  It's not hard to make at all and I always have some of the Ranch dressing, whether in powder form or wet form handy.  
For the recipe for ranch dressing that I use you can visit Self-Reliance by Jame (http://selfreliancebyjamie.blogspot.com/2011/08/tis-seasonings.html).  I usually only make 1/2 the amount of dressing unless we are going to use it as for my dressing as I cut the mayo 50/50 with plain yogurt.

For the chicken, I just used a brush and brushed the chicken with the dressing.  Sprinkled on some cooked bacon topped with cheese and cooked at 350 on a cookie sheet covered with foil for 20 - 25 minutes.  I remove the foil and pop on the broiler for a few minutes.  I make sure chicken is cooked to about 155 before broiling and then check to make sure it's done at 165.  Chicken is one food you definitely want to make sure that you cook well.  Add some garlic butter mini penne pasta and a few peas and YUM!  I appreciate when something comes together well.  Oh ... Breakfast this past Sunday was awesome!  It's been a while since we had chorizo and eggs. Hubby added some red peppers and onions to the meat and kicked the flavor up a little.  See he's learning.  This up coming weekend is the older brother's birthday, so that means cake time!  I will surprise you with what it will be later BUT keep a look out because it's one I haven't seen made like this before so I'm hoping everyone likes it because where my ideas come from is anybody's guess.  In the mean time, remember that the best ingredient to any recipe is you .... ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment